- Created: Wednesday, 10 August 2016 11:51
- Written by Helene Kristensen
Kick-off meeting in Frick
The OK-Net Arable thematic network funded through Horizon 2020 aims to improve the exchange of knowledge among farmers, farm advisers and scientists to increase productivity and quality in organic arable cropping all over Europe. The project started in March 2015 and will last for 3 years. The kick-off meeting took place at FiBL in Frick, Switzerland.
- to synthesise the practical and scientific knowledge already available about organic arable farming, and to identify the best methodology in knowledge exchange. Based on this easily understandable education will be developed
- to create a European network of farmer innovation groups. This network will serve to exchange experiences and test the education material developed in the project
- to create an online platform for knowledge exchange across Europe unique in organic farming
The consortium consists of 17 partners, covering in total 13 countries from all corners of Europe.